The city of Miramar is located in South Florida, directly on the Broward County/Miami-Dade County line. Our city encompasses a population of over 124,000 residents, representing a myriad of nationalities, languages and socioeconomic backgrounds.
All of our 198 sworn officers and 70 support staff are committed to improving the quality of life in Miramar. Our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment by working in partnership with the community, providing progressive police services, impartially enforcing the laws, preserving the peace and protecting the individual rights of our citizens.
Our department is an industry leader in professionalism. We have repeatedly been recognized with accreditation by CFA – The Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation and CALEA – The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies. In 2010 we were awarded “Meritorious” accreditation which is the highest level of international accreditation possible, given only to those agencies
that have shown an excellence in professionalism and quality assurance for more than 15 years. Being a good neighbor and a valued member of the community is one of our highest priorities.
- The basis of professionalism is a combination of HONOR, INTEGRITY, and ACCOUNTABILITY
- We are COMMITTED to developing and providing LEADERSHIP as PARTNERS with the COMMUNITY
- Our understanding of DIVERSITY is key to our SUCCESS
- We RESPECT our fellow employees and the citizens we serve
- Through TEAMWORK, we effectively achieve our goals
- We foster open and Honest COMMUNICATION