Solid Waste, Bulk-Pick Up and Recycling in Miramar
Solid Waste - https://www.miramarfl.gov/2037/Alert-Miramar
Here are some tips for successful and efficient garbage pickup:
- Bag and tie garbage before placing it in the cart.
- Do not over pack your cart so tightly that it will not empty.
- Trash placed alongside the carts or in non-city issued containers will not be collected.
- The arrows located on the lid should face the street
- The lid must be closed so nothing spills out during the collection process.
- DO NOT place anything on top of the lid, the driver will not empty the cart.
- All carts must be accessible and placed away from mailboxes, vehicles and trees for collection by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
Green Garbage Carts
If you have a damaged cart or need additional carts, email email@example.com or call (954) 602.4357 (HELP).
Recycling remains the same: blue recycle carts will be collected once per week on your regularly scheduled collection day. Place your blue recycle cart out by 7am on the day of collection in a safe and accessible location away from mailboxes, vehicles and trees.
Here are some tips to Recycle Right in Miramar
- Here are some items you can recycle - plastic bottles, cardboard boxes, junk mail, file folders, newspapers, glass and milk containers, cereal boxes
- When in doubt throw it out Do Not recycle (ALL CAPS) plastic bags, pizza boxes, styrofoam, aerosol cans, batteries, toys, tires, electronics, diapers, ceramics and anything that has food on it.
- Remove bottle caps and place both separately in the recycle bin
Visit www.miramarfl.gov/recycle to learn more on how to recycle right.
Blue Recycle Garbage Carts
if you have a damaged cart or experience a missed collection, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 602.4357 (HELP).
Bulk Waste Pick-Up
Bulk collections are performed once per month between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Please click here for information on Bulk Collection Schedule, rules, and collection maps: Bulk-Collection
Bulk pickup DOs and DONT's :
- Bulk must be a result of normal household activity.
- Bulk piles should be neatly placed in a location that allows safe collection - away from cars, mailboxes, trees, and overhead wires.
- Contractor Generated Waste will not be collected
- Tree limbs and trunks should not exceed 6 feet in length or weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Piles of leaves or other loose material must be placed in plastic bags and weigh no more than 50 lbs.
- Mirrors, , glass tabletops, windowpanes, and plate glass items must be safely placed in a rigid container and taped for safe collection: shower doors and dressers with glass.
- Do not place Bulk items out for collection more than 72 hours before your designated collection day.
- Unacceptable items will not be moved in order to collect acceptable items.
- Bulk items of a disorderly or hazardous nature will not be collected.
- Do not place bulk items for collection next to mailbox, utility pole or close to a fence Car, under a or leaving on a tree.
The City of Miramar offers FREE monthly drop-off events for hazardous materials on the first Saturdays monthly at: 17200 Pines Blvd. between 8am and 2pm. Please bring a driver’s license and proof of Miramar residency, remain in your vehicle and follow all safety protocols.
For more information, click here Version OptionsSolid Waste, Bulk-Pick Up and Recycling in MiramarHeadline or call (954) 602-4357 (HELP).