- City Government
- Boards & Committees
- Advisory Boards
List of Advisory Boards/Committees Vacancies:
Affordable Housing Advisory Committee: (2 vacancies)
- For-Profit Provider Rep.
- Not-For-Profit Provider Rep.
Blasting Advisory Committee: (4 vacancies)
- Country Club Ranches Rep.
- Huntington Community Rep.
- Miramar Business Owner Rep.
- Sunset Lakes Community Rep.
BID Construction & Professional Services Advisory Board: (9 vacancies)
- Diversity & Inclusion Rep.
- Industry Trade Association Rep.
- Local Minority Business Owner (0-2 staff)
- Local Minority Business Owner (less than 10 staff)
- Local Minority Business Owner (over 50 staff)
- Construction Association Member
- Professional Consultant Association member
- Broward County Minority Builders Coalition, Inc. member
- Local Bank institution community liaison
Civil Service Board: (1 vacancy)
Elderly Affairs Advisory Board (MUST be 55 years & older): (11 vacancies)
Historic Miramar Advisory Board: (5 vacancies)
- Historic Miramar Residents
- Non-Historic Miramar Resident
- Historic Miramar Business Owner
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Commission on the Status of Women Board: (1 vacancy)
Teen Council Advisory Board: (3 vacancies)
Miramar Seeks Board/Committee Volunteers
The City of Miramar invites you to get involved in the decision-making process on matters relating to our community by volunteering to serve on a Board and/or Committee. Members of Boards and Committees are appointed by the City Commission to meet, research, report their findings, and make recommendations to the City Commission as required.
Composition of a Board/Committee
Each board is composed of appointed members who volunteer their services, along with staff liaisons. Each board has a stated purpose and is a link between the residents and the elected officials. The composition of each board varies and is dictated by the respective Ordinance.
Becoming a Board/Committee Member
Membership to boards is dictated by the respective Ordinance. However, interested parties must be a registered voter and City of Miramar resident or business owner. All board appointments are made during the second meeting in May of each year, except for the Teen Council Advisory Board. If you fit the criteria, please complete the electronic Advisory Board Application for the Commission’s consideration. If you are selected, you will receive a congratulatory email from the Office of the City Clerk providing additional information. If you are not selected, your application will remain on file with the Office of the City Clerk for one year for future consideration. After the Advisory Board Application has expired, re-submission of a new application will be required.