What codes apply to the exterior of my house?
The code requires that your house be painted and kept free of mildew, stains, chipping and peeling paint. The city does not require that you obtain a permit to paint your house. The property should be kept in good overall condition and free of any and all debris or trash. All doors, windows, and shutters should be in good working order. Trash cans should be stored out of view and should only be put at curbside on collection days.

Obstructions on the right of way such as boulders and pyramids are prohibited as they represent safety hazards. Landscaping in the right of way, next to driveways or on corners must be trimmed to allow drivers to view approaching traffic.

Show All Answers

1. How can I report a violation?
2. How can I contact the Supervisor or the Manager of Code Compliance?
3. How high can I let my grass grow?
4. Can I store things outside?
5. What happens to derelict and inoperable motor vehicles?
6. How can I park my vehicles?
7. What about commercial vehicles?
8. What codes apply to the exterior of my house?
9. May I place a real estate or garage sale sign in front of my home?
10. How can I get information for garbage and bulk trash and yard waste collection for my area?
11. Do I have to register my alarm system?
12. Are there any dog restrictions?
13. What does the city require for swimming pool maintenance?